Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The New Project!

It's been a long time since I've kept a blog, but I think this will be a pretty cool adventure.

May 2012 will mark my graduation from NDSU's Masters of Architecture program and, to be honest, I have no idea what I want to do with my degree.  I've been concerned lately that buildings aren't really all that exciting to me, but I know that I want to be designing something.  At the end of last semester I stopped sketching which lead to a loss of creative thinking in general.  I felt like I had whatever writers-block would be for designers.  I decided that I needed to do something to spark my creativity again.

I got the idea for this blog from the New York fashion design duo Shipley & Halmos who have a section of their website called Numerous Drawings devoted to images from their sketchbooks.  My thought is, if I produce at least one good sketch per day, I'll eventually get my design groove back and, hopefully, figure out some direction for after graduation.  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the images!

Kind regards,

Nathan
Sketcher Extraordinaire

No comments:

Post a Comment